Red Hot Root Words: Mastering Vocabulary With Prefixes, Suffixes And Root Words (Book 2)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.59
as of 5/26/2013 10:41 CST details
- You Save: $8.36 (42%)
- Sales Rank:39,352
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1
- Dimensions (in):10.9 x 8.4 x 0.5
- Publication Date:June 1, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Help students improve their mastery of the English language and acquire the keys for understanding thousands of words by studying Greek and Latin word parts (prefixes, root words, and suffixes). This is one of the most complete, usable presentations of vocabulary development using word parts you will find. A knowledge of word parts gives students a head start on decoding words in reading and testing situations. This is the first book in the two-book series. Each of the well-developed lessons in this text includes:
- one to three word parts along with meanings and sample words,
- five vocabulary words that use the prefixes or root words,
- definitions and sample sentences for each of the five words,
- a practice exercise that lets students apply knowledge of the words and their meanings, and
- a one-page review worksheet for one or two lessons that presents more unique opportunities to work with the prefixes and root words and to see how they are combined with suffixes.
In addition to the student pages, the teacher's information includes:
- an extensive listing of the most common prefixes, root words, and suffixes;
- their meanings and sample words;
- additional words for each lesson; and
- lesson ideas to supplement the word being studied.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.