- Stepmother magazine - Tips and Steps
- 6 Reasons to Embrace Your Stepfamily
- What actually is a step-family?
- Online support groups for women step parent - Tips and Steps
- Its Different for Stepmothers
- The law and blended families - Tindall Gask Bentley Lawyers - Adelaide, South Australia
- How to Deal With a Jealous Stepdaughter | eHow
- Step parenting struggles - What have been some of the struggles you have faced a...
- How to deal with a jealous and rude step daughter - Have you ever been in the si...
- My 40yr old adult step daughter excludes me from everything. What suggestions w...
- Step parents and effects on children - What do you feel are the effects on child...
- Stepfamily Support Groups in the Newcastle area. Do you know of any?
- Advantages of a Blended Family
- What are the advantages and Disadvantages of a Stepfamily?
- Coping with an uncooperative ex wife
- Kids in a remarriage with chil...
I totally agree with this article. It is frustrati...
- Where does the term step-paren...
When my husband and I married it was a second marr...
- Dealing with a Jealous Adult S...
I have been at it for 15 years. There's no end to ...
- Where does the term step-paren...
In Dutch (a germanic language,as english is also) ...
- Poems for stepmothers to stepd...
I would also very much like one!!!
|Remedies for Dry and Peeling Skin|
Remedies for Dry and Peeling Skin by Della Franklin
Dry, cracked, peeling, bleeding skin can be extremely painful. Every time you put your dry skin into water it can be an excruciating experience. Clothing chafes, cold air stings, sweat burns; it is just a miserable experience to have raw and peeling skin. In addition to this, cracked and peeling skin is very difficult to cure.
The number one cause of dry and peeling skin is sun damage. Other causes can include environmental factors such as extreme weather, harsh working conditions, and cold air. Your dry skin may even be caused by a medical condition such as hypothyroidism, diabetes, Hodgkin's disease, and numerous types of skin conditions including eczema and psoriasis.
For the purpose of this article, we will assume that any underlying health conditions are being treated as part of the healing process. If you have not sought medical condition for a particularly troublesome dry skin issue, do so. Your skin condition could be caused by an underlying disease or disorder that needs medical treatment.
Remedies for Sunburned Dry Skin
The number one cause of aging and dry skin is the sun. Despite this grim fact, millions of people fail to protect their skin and suffer sunburn year after year. Sunburn not only causes dry and peeling skin, it also causes wrinkles, sun spots, and skin discolorations. This is why it is so important to protect your skin from the sun each an every time you go outdoors. If you forgot and are now fighting sunburn, here are some remedies for your plight:
* Cold compresses - At the first sign of discomfort, begin applying cold compresses to your burnt and dry skin. Apply cold therapy for 15 minute intervals taking 15 minute breaks in between.
* Vinegar - vinegar is a good home remedy for sunburns. Many people who use it claim that it takes the sting out of the burn.
* Cool shower - Be sure to take plenty of cool showers. Use an exfoliating sponge to remove dead skin cells. This will help prevent the appearance of peeling.
* Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera is great for healing sunburns. Apply Aloe Vera to clean dry skin frequently until all evidence of the burn is gone.
Remedies for Dry Skin Conditions
Many cases of dry cracked skin are caused by skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis. In severe cases, these skin disorders require prescription medications, but there are some things that you can do to soothe your irritated skin:
* Avoid excess sweat - Excess sweat can irritate these skin disorders and make dry skin more prevalent. Strive to stay cool on hot days. If you are active, take plenty of showers to remove sweat from your skin.
* Wear light clothing - Wearing cool clothing made with light materials can help reduce eczema flare ups and the dry skin associated with them. You should also avoid wearing scratchy materials such as wool. The more you scratch your skin, the more irritated and cracked it will get.
Intense Treatments for Dry Skin
In especially tough cases of peeling and cracked skin, it may be necessary for you to apply several intense treatments to the affected area throughout the day. These treatments include emollients and salves that are specifically formulated to sooth and heal cracked and peeling skin. Here are a few more ideas to sooth your dry skin:
* Paraffin wax - Heated paraffin wax can do wonders for cracked dry skin on your hands and feet. The heat associated with the treatment is also ideal for people who suffer from arthritis and joint pain.
* Silicone creams - If your dry skin is caused from frequent hand washing or harsh work conditions, a cream that contains silicone might be your best bet. The silicone is water resistant and forms a barrier between your skin and the elements.
The key to curing cracked, dry skin is consistency. Be sure to use all treatments regularly and do all you can do to avoid conditions that will make your skin worse. Never tug and pull on loose skin as this can cause more irritation and damage to deeper skin tissues. Instead, allow your skin to peel naturally or use an exfoliating sponge.
Never apply scented lotions to the affected areas as these can cause burning and stinging. You should also keep all cracked skin clean to avoid infection. If you suspect that an infection has set in or your condition gets worse, see a doctor immediately. You may need a prescription to heal your dry peeling skin.
About the Author
www.dryskinsite.com brings you all the latest information you need to combat your dry skin problems. There's nothing to buy, just really helpful information. Be sure to check out pages like Dry Peeling Skin.