- Adult Stepdaughter mean to me
- Stepfamily Problems
- Role of the Christian Stepfather
- The Co-Parenting Survival Guide: Letting Go of Conflict After a Difficult Divorce
- The Emotionally Abusive Relationship: How to Stop Being Abused and How to Stop Abusing
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- Child Custody - The Down and Dirty Divorce Guide
- Helping Your Kids Cope with Divorce the Sandcastles Way
- Clean Leather Furniture, Car Seats and Vinyl - Tips and Steps
- Child Custody â€“ The Down and Dirty Divorce Guide
- Making Step Families Work - Making Stepfamilies Work
- How to build a relationship with your stepchild
- Stepfamily Wiki: Step Parent Forum
- How can I as a stepparent develop and maintain healthy relationships with my stepchildren?
- Khloe Kardashian is a stepmother
- Kids in a remarriage with chil...
I totally agree with this article. It is frustrati...
- Where does the term step-paren...
When my husband and I married it was a second marr...
- Dealing with a Jealous Adult S...
I have been at it for 15 years. There's no end to ...
- Where does the term step-paren...
In Dutch (a germanic language,as english is also) ...
- Poems for stepmothers to stepd...
I would also very much like one!!!
|Cold Sore Home Remedies that work|
Cold Sore Home Remedies that work by JoBeth Levina
With pharmaceutical treatments proving to be of limited efficacy, many people have found that a variety of cold sore home remedies offer relief that is just as good, if not better. People have been suffering from cold sores for some 2,000 years and over that time a variety of herbs and treatments have been used to varying degrees of success. Here we look at some of the most effective remedies.
ICE: Ice is considered to be a universal home remedy against cold sores. Ice helps in relieving the pain, reduce the swelling as well as restrict the herpes virus from spreading. Ice treatment should be commenced when the itching begins. However, it is essential to note that ice should not be used during the healing stage as it slows down the speed of healing.
LYSINE: Lysine is a popular cold sore remedy, which can in some cases prevent the herpes simplex virus from producing the sore. Although lysine creams have been shown to have some effect, they are not well absorbed by the skin and it is really better to take lysine orally, either in the form of supplements or in the diet. One of the best dietary sources of lysine is the flounder, an ocean flatfish common to the northern Atlantic and Pacific oceans and consumption of this fish during a cold sore attack can reduce healing time by several days.
ALOE VERA: Aloe Vera is considered by many to be a miracle product and is used in many skin conditions to aid healing. While lotions containing Aloe Vera are readily available, you can grow the plant at home to provide a ready supply of the liquid contained in the leaves, which can help to heal your cold sore lesions.
WALNUTS: Although the consumption of walnuts should be avoided during an outbreak due to their high arginine content, they can be useful as a topical treatment. To prepare walnuts as a cold sore remedy, add to a blender to reduce to a paste and apply direct to the sore to aid healing.
TEA: The application of warm and mist tea bags can help your cold sores by reducing swelling and soreness. Tea contains tannic acid, which acts as an anti-viral agent, fighting there root cause of the outbreak.
As you can see there are a variety of remedies that are common to every household, as well as others that can be incorporated into our lives, such as the consumption of lysine contained in flounder. By trying each of the cold sore home remedies mentioned above you will find what effect it has on your body and by a little experimentation should find a combination that improves you condition.
About the Author