Steps to help a sore throat
Source Health Wiki
- Stay in bed. The most important thing to do is to stay in bed. Don't get up and move around a lot, because if you're sick, running around everywhere will make you feel worse and get everyone else sick too!
- Get some fruit juice. It is known that fruit juice such as apple juice eases sore throats. Some top two reccomended juices are apple juice and orange juice. Be aware that hot apple cider may not help as much.
- Make some soup. Soothing broth is just what you need. Chicken noodle soup and Top Ramen are both delicous and very helpful for your throat.
- Take some medicine. This will really help your throat get better. Kids should take either Motrin or Benedryll. They will make you sleepy, but hey, sleep is just what you need!
- Get some sleep. Take some time off your throat issues and take a nap! This is perfectly fine and very helpful.
- Bundle up! It's important that you bundle up, because if you have a cold, sore throat, flu, or fever, you shouldn't expose yourself to coldness, because it could make you more sick.
- Keep yourself entertained. Because you're staying home from school or work, you could get a little bored sometimes. If you wrap yourself in a blanket or robe, you could easily go on to the computer (wikiHow!!) or something away from your bed. Things you could do at your bed are: read, write, play some sort of Nintendo DS (or something), etc.
- Whatever you do, don't be too hard on your throat. Don't eat things like tortilla chips, because this will make your throat feel horrible. Stick to broth, juice, and maybe even a smoothie or ice cream.