by Kayla Marie
German chocolate Cheesecake is a new twist on the old favorite, German chocolate cake. This cheesecake has a rich chocolate crust and a smooth chocolate filling. The top has a traditional coconut mixture with the added crunch of pecans.
For those chocoholics in the family, this German chocolate cheesecake is only a few steps away from being in your very own kitchen.
It is a cheesecake like no other. It is truly unforgettable.
German Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe is one that undoubtedly will quickly become a new favorite in your very own kitchen.
1 cup chocolate wafers, finely crushed
1 cup sugar, divided
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
3- 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup flour
1- 4 oz. pkg. German Sweet Chocolate, melted
2 ˝ tsp. vanilla, divided
4 large eggs, divided
1/3 cup canned evaporated milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350°F if using a silver 9-inch spring-form pan or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch spring-form pan. Mix chocolate wafer crumbs, 2 tbsp. sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. This is your crust. Bake 10 minutes.
2) With electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and the flour in large bowl, until well blended. Add chocolate and 2 tsp. of the vanilla; mix well.
3) Add 3 of the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
4) Bake 45 to 50 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight to allow the cake to completely cool and set up.
5) Combine milk, remaining sugar, 1/4 cup butter, remaining egg and remaining 1/2 tsp. vanilla in small saucepan; cook on medium-low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in coconut and pecans. Cool. Spread over cheesecake just before serving. Remember to store any leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
The cheesecake is a delicious way to satisfy that sweet tooth of yours and it can also be a fun addition to a large gathering or a party.
It is definitely a recipe that your guests will not soon forget. This German Chocolate Cheesecake is bound to knock their socks off and probably will knock your own socks off too!
About the Author
For more delicious information on recipes be sure to visit www.cookies-n-cakes.com where you'll find tips on cookie recipes cakes, brownies, as well as other articles on cooking, baking, and kitchen products.